Wednesday 11 May 2011

Fashion crazy!

I think it would be a fair comment that a large proportion of British women are mad about Mulberry. Born in Somerset England, the luxury English brand has the ability to leave ladies swooning. If you are not in possession of one of their deliciously designed handbags it can be quite traumatising. It can be hard to sit opposite the proud owners on the tube without thinking, bitch! Or to contain yourself long enough not to reach out and stroke their leather branded gift from the gods.

But it was another UK brand that had me in a frenzy in the lead up to Christmas last year. While aimlessly wandering through a department store in Wimbledon, I stumbled across a jacket by Barbour. It was love at first sight, but not in my size!! But not to worry there are other stores and the internet right? Wrong. I searched them all and my beloved Barbour jacket, soulmate, warrior against the outer elements, was nowhere to be found, and dear I say it sold out! Shit! Not once, but twice, I was teased in to thinking I had it, only to look down at my arms and discover it was a childrens size jacket. Do you think anyone will notice if there is no material below my elbows? Answer: yes, yes they will.

I never thought I would fail, but I did and it seemed every second male on the streets of London was wearing one. I don’t know where all the women were with the Barbour jackets, maybe at a Barbour convention for the seriously awesome? All I know is that the womens jacket I wanted was not on the shelf. Recently, I went to the Thames to watch Cambridge and Oxford row their boats along the river. Meanwhile on the shores it might as well have been a Barbour fashion shoot. Everyone was looking so dapper. I wanted to shout out “I get it, you have Barbour jackets and I don’t.” but I refrained. In times like these I guess the best thing to do is sigh, immerse oneself in complete self-pity and hold on to the slight glimmer of hope that there is always next season. 

To fall in love with Barbour visit: www.barbour.com
To go mad about Mulberry visit: www.mulberry.com

Just keep your hands off my jacket. I’m serious. Kids however, you can go wild,
I don’t fit your damn jackets anyway!

Afternoon tea break at the Barbour Convention For The Seriously Awesome. I could have been one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment