Wednesday 18 May 2011

Stop motion go.

While lunching with a friend in Soho an idea for a stop motion video popped into my head as I listened to her talk about the perils of the dating world.

I thought back to this amazing dance I saw on the US version of So You Think You Can Dance. I first watched this dance probably two years ago and it has stuck with me. View here: Travis Wall Dance

I started to think it would be fun to tell a similar story but in stop motion. Now I have never done stop motion before and know very little about it but from the small amount I have seen, I know I like it.

This was probably the first piece of stop motion I remember seeing, a clip from Eagle vs Shark, a great movie written and directed by the very talented New Zealander Taika Waititi. View here: Eagle vs Shark 

Some other inspiring stop motion videos:

So for now my idea remains just that, an idea. But who knows after the creation of a detailed storyboard, the purchase of a decent camera and some conversations with the clever people I work with every day, it may just come to life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment